Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'm Alive

Just returned home from successful back fusion surgery, scar pictures and impressions to come tomorrow probably. Good to be home and thanks to all who called and visited, especially my awesome wife Deirdre and baby Sabrina, sweet sister Genie (who took a week off of work to stay with D and the baby and visited me every day, sometimes twice, and my wonderful mother, who drove up on day two and made a miserable day bearable. Also my good friends and neighbors Mike S. and Lew B., and of course their lovely wives. And although they couldn't make it down to Austin, I much appreciated the calls of my father and other siblings. You made a difficult time much, much easier and I love you for it.

More soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mike. Glad to hear you made it through.

Anonymous said...

Jumping jacks and somersaults for everyone or at least that was what was promised before the surgery right? get well soon!