Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Two Most Important People in the World


Sabrina and Deirdre
Originally uploaded by Uncle Mikey.
My wife Deirdre is one amazing woman. I'm not just saying that because she's forbidden me to post pictures of her on this blog and would be even more pissy if she knew I was posting a pic of her after labor, I'm saying it because she gave birth to 9 lb. 10 oz., 22 inch long Sabrina after less than an hour of effort. What a badass. She is officially my hero forever.

And my gorgeous little girl Sabrina is such an angel. I burst into tears when I heard her first tiny cries and still choke up every time I think about her. This isn't her best pic (stay tuned for many, many more) but the star of this show has been my beautiful wife. She's made me the happiest man in the world. Too bad she'll never read this as she thinks blogging is both gay and retarded (she doesn't actually use those words, but I get her drift).

3 comments:

Barb said...

congrats, Sir and family. best wishes to you all.

Uncle Mikey said...

Thanks Barb, hope your family is well.

Noah Boddie said...

A belated congrats, Mikey.

I can't tell you how parallel our worlds are right now. But suffice to say, especially considering other people I know, I think we're witnessing a post-reelection baby boom. I think a great sense of relief releases some kind of endorphins and hormones, and one thing leads to another...

Anyway, you can tell your wife not to worry about her picture. She's great.